Professional Development Grants
To provide financial support for women to participate in professional development opportunities to advance in leadership roles in Higher Education.
Department Chairs, directors, associate/assistant deans, deans, provosts, vice presidents, and women in similar supervisory roles across all divisions (academic affairs, student affairs, administration and finance, etc.). Candidates must be employed at a non-profit Higher Education institution.
To apply, please submit the following:
- Cover letter (2-pages maximum) addressing your leadership experience and career aspirations, including a statement regarding how you expect to benefit from the proposed professional development program.
- Current curriculum vitae.
- Proposed budget, including registration fees, estimated travel expenses, lodging, and other relevant expenses. Please provide documentation of required fees, and additional estimated costs (for example, if airfare is required, a printout of estimated ticket price).
- A letter of nomination or support from your supervisor or a peer, or someone who can speak to your capacity as a leader in the Higher Education environment.
- A statement regarding how you would share your experience with others upon return to campus, or at the WWHEL annual conference or awards banquet.
Awardees are encouraged to attend the annual conference and share their experience with others either by making a brief presentation or providing a written statement.
Application deadlines and award process:
- Applications are accepted with a deadline of October 15. You may submit a request for funding prior to receiving confirmation of your acceptance into a program, but confirmation of your registration is required prior to dispersal of funds.
- Awards of up to $3000 per person will be made based on availability of funds at each granting cycle.